Monday, June 19, 2006

computer issues/numocardiogram

sorry I've been slow to update, I'm having computer issues grrrrr.  my computer network card isn't working so I can't sign on, and on dh's computer AO-hell isn't working so I have to sign on to ao-hell.com grrrrrr. 

Anyway, as of last night she is 5 lbs 14 oz, over 2 x her original body weight of 2 lbs 14 oz.  she's getting sooooo big!!  they started the numocardiogram study today (I hope I spelled that right) and she is not too happy about it.  she has to lay flat on her back, not sitting up at all, and I can't hold her at all until it is done.  it's a 24 hour test and it won't be done until 2:30pm tomorrow (tuesday).  It is the size of the feeding tube but a little stiffer, and put down into her chest thru her nose.  she's showing signs of reflux now that she's flat on her back, coughing and gagging a bit sometimes, but the test will tell us for sure.  If it is reflux causing the heartrate drops, that is good b/c it is easily fixed with meds.  We probably won't know until Wednesday though.  for feeding today they are just sitting her up in her crib and burping her sitting up, since they can't move her,and they also have to write down exactly what time they start and finish so that if they notice any abnormalities when they download the results from the machine they can compare times.  They won't weigh her tonight either b/c they can't take the stuff off her.  She will probably gain a good amount of weight since she isn't getting moved around much. 

They mentioned the carseat study yesterday which isa great sign since that is pretty much the last thing they do before sending her home.  they said they were looking to do that this week, after the numocardiogram.  Yayyyyyy!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's wonderful news!  I hope you recieve a good report!  Praying for you all!

Kelly said you got the swap box I mailed you!  YAY!  I was hoping it would be a happy surprise!
Kelly made the lunch box, I made the tea holder and the pink bath salts.  Grace made the blue bath salts, Sharon B. made the emory board.  Was that everything?  If not, email me when your computer is working again and I'll let you know who made what.  Oh and Mae made the pink and black floral nail kit box.

((((((((Hugs)))))))))
Dee