Wednesday, May 10, 2006

quick update Wednesday am

Talked to the nurse this morning, she lost another 25 grams but I guess they aren't worried yet.  Still on the IV glucose.  Last night her feedings weren't going so well, she had a lot of residual in her tummy, but this morning she didn't have hardly any so that's good. 

We;re taking the day off, not driving down there.  Scott has some serious work to do, he's been neglecting it a bit or trying to cram it all in at night, and since Brendan is with us we thought we'd relax a bit today.  I'm going up with my mom at 7:30 tonight though, and bringing milk for her.  I checked and they said that she should have enough milk to last until I get there.

I know I shouldn't, but I feel guilty that we arent' going up there today.  Its crazy, I know.  Not that she even realizes if we don't come, plus I got to kangaroo with her for a long time yesterday.  But, still.  Oh well. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jen, please don't feel guilty.  You need to take care of you (that is one thing Meghan needs too, you know!) and this will give you time you've been wanting to devote to Brendan.  The more you take care of yourself, the better Mommy you will be to both Brendan and Meghan.  Time will fly today and before you know it, it'll be time for you and your mom to go see Meghan.  Big hugs to you, Scott, Brendan, Meghan and to your mom too!  :)   Love, Cyber Auntie Mary in OK

Anonymous said...

Jen, I'm praying for you!  Please don't let the guilt start, it's hard to turn it off once it's started!  Meghan needs you to rest and to de-stress a bit, so taking a morning off is helping her as it's helping you!  

Drive safely this evening and we all look forward to another update soon!
Nancy
Bossred25

Anonymous said...

Jen, don't start feeling guilty for not going.  I'm sure Brendan is happy to be able to spend the time with you today.  {{{{{Hugs}}}}} to all of you!
Aunty Leonore